Software Engineer - Devops
- Reduce costs on infrastructure.
- Keep uptime and reducing time taken to debug and deploy a fix.
- Tools: AWS, GCP, ELK, EFK, Sentry, Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.
- Scale: 100k requests/sec average on few services, mongodb at ~60TB, elasticsearch at ~30TB, Kafka at ~1 billion messages per second ingestion, etc.
- Devops at WebEngage (Oct 2016):
- Increased overall uptime of various services from 90% to 97%
- Reduced AWS cost by ~40%
- Provisioned and monitoring mongodb, kafka, mysql clusters, etc.
- Environment reproducability, config management.
- Reduced engineering cost by deployment automation, error tracking, SLA screens, etc.
- Devops at Browserstack (March 2016):
- Performance improvement using geo DNS (setup across DCs using pdns)
- Automation to bring up multiple environments
- Reduce noise of alerts and keep them relevant, actionable.
- Devops at Tinyowl (April 2015):
- Scaling services on AWS, setting up new services with Chef.
- Helping new developers with setup and introduction to stack.
- Developed git flow, monitoring key elements, taking care of downtimes.
- Software developer at Pricebaba (Sept 2014):
- Developed a platform to scrape ecommerce websites and give a price comparison for same product across sites.
- Computer Science and Engg. from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, from 2010-2014.
- Chef, Ansible for config management
- Gitlab CI, Jenkins, CodeDeploy, for deployment pipelines
- Sensu, Datadog (SaaS), Netdata, Cloudwatch for monitoring
- Terraform for infrastructure provisioning
- Python/Ruby/Bash scripting for automation jobs
- Kubernetes for orchestration